[SGVLUG] Speaking of wins for open drivers.

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 01:14:39 PDT 2006

Well I am writing this on 12 G4 powerbook and sending it out over
wireless thanks to the work of the bcm43xx project which along with
another project(the guys who generated the reverse engineering specs)
have completed an open source driver for a bunch of common broadcom
wireless chipsets include in apple air port extreme. Still had to
extract the broadcom firmware so is not a fully redistributable
solution but FC5 PPC contained everything I needed to do it other the
the mac driver to extract the firmware from.

Plus I can almost get the system todo software suspend-to-disk other
then bluetooth drivers not letting the system suspend and usb drivers
crashing the system on unsuspend.