[SGVLUG] SuSE 10.1 out --TODAY--

Tony Butka linuxtony at tonypaula.com
Mon May 15 14:46:36 PDT 2006

On Thursday 11 May 2006 10:06, Emerson, Tom wrote:
> download speeds, however, are so slow that I won't be able to get all
> the CD's to burn a complete set for the meeting tonight -- anyone else
> interested in a "parallel download"?  I'll just get cd #1, someone else
> grabs #2, etc., and we swap at the meeting...
>
> Of course, this won't guarantee that we'll get them before the meeting
> anyway -- the estimate for cd #1 is already up to 17 hours...  (and
> windows/explorer tends not to download more than two streams at a
> time...)
>
> Tom Emerson
> 818-977-8828

Hi Tom/All -

I've been lurking while running OS/2 and Windows XP 64 Pro.  Over the weekend
I downloaded all the AMD x64 CDs for SUSE 10.1, including CD6 for the non-
open source stuff.  As we speak I'm finally running Linux <g>, triple booting
with XP 64 bit and eCSs' latest version of OS/2.

So far i'm liking linux a lot.  I'll try to attend the next meeting so you can
all help me over the learning curve.

Tony Butka