[SGVLUG] Promoting our group

Matthew Gallizzi matthew.gallizzi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 13:44:00 PDT 2006

Wow! I guess it's different when Sean tells everyone about IRC. Hm, I should
have elaborated the first time I mentioned it. :)

The definition of IRC can be found at wikipedia for those of you who want to
learn more - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRC

Basically, it stands for Internet Relay Chat and it's like a live chat room
online. I'm on it 24/7 and have been for years.

A more user friendly IRC client is xchat. http://www.xchat.org/  . Most
distros come with this one now as the main IRC client, I believe.

If you guys are interested in a web based (java) client I can set that up
... just let me know :)

Matthew Gallizzi