[SGVLUG] Dual video cards -- possible/supported?

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Jun 29 14:44:34 PDT 2006

> -----Original Message----- Of John E. Kreznar
> "Michael Proctor-Smith" <mproctor13 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > You guys are missing an important part of dual rendering technology
>
> Yep, I was afraid of that.  Thanks for clarifying.  I posted
> anyway because Tom's posting specifically refered to
> "display", not "screen", and the ambiguity was there.

Hmmm... You give me too much credit -- I had no intention to
differentiate between an X-windows "display" and a physical "screen",
and given I was talking about a laptop (where the screen is built-in) I
didn't expect the use of the word "display" to cause any confusion.

For those that care, here is a link to the computer in question -- you
may have to click on one of the other links within the page to get it to
switch to the (animated) graphic showing how each card controls half of
the "screen":

http://www.alienware.com/product_detail_pages/Aurora_m9700/aurora-m_over
view.aspx?SysCode=PC-LT-AURORA-M-9700&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT

(ok, I just checked -- it really does say /screen/ in the animation)