[SGVLUG] Strange problem with Mozilla window sizes

Grace A Jopling gaj at smartassproducts.com
Sat Jun 17 16:51:50 PDT 2006

I have an odd problem that started right after my daughter (a Mac
person) used this particular computer; of course, she has no
recollection of having done anything that could've caused it...

When I first fire up Mozilla, I have both the mail/newsgroup client and
browser open automatically.  Up until a few days ago, both windows
always opened at the same size (1024 x 729), just the way I like it.
But now, although the mail/news window still opens at the normal size,
the browser window opens at 610 x 566.  And all other windows [that
should be normal size] that I open while browsing also open at 610 x
566.  Windows that have a size specified open as they should; for
example, on my CafePress site, if I choose to look at a closeup of an
item, that window opens at the size CafePress has chosen for it.  So
it's only "normal sized" windows that are affected.

I'm using KDE on this box (Ubuntu), and I tried changing various things
under "Advanced | Special window settings" but to no avail.  I also
checked all the Mozilla preferences to see if something should be reset
there, but with no luck.

Any ideas on how to get this back to normal?!  It's extremely frustrating!

FWIW, here's my browser info:

Mozilla 1.7.11
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.11) Gecko/20050729
MultiZilla/1.6.4.0b