[SGVLUG] I can't send email (but now I can).

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Fri Jun 9 14:22:06 PDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 01:44:22PM -0700, John E. Kreznar wrote:

> I'd like to think that one benefit of Linux is to help such people out
> of the ghetto where they're stuck, rather than dragging the rest of us
> down.

To clarify, I mean "SOL" with regards to running a full-featured MTA
like exim or postgres.  I think they're just fine running a MUA that
speaks IMAP or POP and SMTP, and it's possible that there are
lightweight MTAs that *are* meant for end-users.

Given the security issues, I think we'd not be doing them favors by
giving them a full-features MTA anyway.  Giving them clients that do The
Right Thing seems to be the right approach.

Dustin