[SGVLUG] home automation from x10

Sean O'Donnell sean at seanodonnell.com
Thu Jun 1 07:57:52 PDT 2006

Claude Felizardo wrote:

> current sale at x10:
> http://www.x10.com/onsale/index.html

Could their web site get any shadier?

> Oh, I should point out that any unsecured protocol such as x10 should
> not be used to control access to your house or business.  However, I
> do use it to control some of the lights at home.

hmm, I don't think I'll hook my blender up to it. The lights and a few
other devices would be nice to automate though. Can this be done via
cron/sh? =)

Do they have GF/Wife automation products too?

I think this is what I would need for that:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2005/10/25/financial/f133702D73.DTL

cheers!

--

Sean O'Donnell