[SGVLUG] Diagramming software

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Jul 26 16:50:40 PDT 2006

-----Original Message---- Of Joel Witherspoon

Does anyone know of a workflow diagramming tool that is able to create
iconic workflow diagrams (like this one
http://www.sepialine.com/kip/KipWorkflow.jpg)? Preferred if it works on
Linux, though Windows is an acceptible alternative :)

I'm putting together a manual for end users UML diagrams freak them out.
=====================

This is a tough nut to crack -- a google search for "linux workflow
diagramming" turns up lots of links to UML editors, which you
specifically forbid, so I glanced at the sponsored sidebar and found a
WEB based workflow diagramming tool:

   http://www.highorbit.com/index.jsp

[not sure, it may simply be a web-based UML editor...]

However, the original thought I had, given the diagram you linked to,
was "why not use OpenOffice.org's 'draw' application?"  (and/or their
presentation tool, of which "draw" is a subset...)

You would essentially "rubber-stamp" drawings (icons) onto your "page"
and draw arrows to show relationships or flow.  Since the "icons" remain
separate entities, you can move them at will...