[SGVLUG] PLEASE VOTE -- should this thread continue: Should we use biofuels? Was ...Tom & his Prius....

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Jul 19 16:39:50 PDT 2006

I hate to be a net/list-nazi, but...

> -----Original Message----- Of David Lawyer
>
> [...] I thought that at least I should write you about
> what I know about it now as it's an important topic.

Granted, it is an important topic, but is it an important LINUX topic?

If not Linux, is it a reasonable LUG topic?

Outside of my mention of putting Linux onto/into a Prius (either as a
separate PC with the video going out to the touchscreen or "more
integrated" as if it were part of the car itself), I doubt this thread
has touched on Linux at all.

As far as it being a Lug-oriented topic, it is only because it bears my
name AND I own a Prius -- much/most of the discussion has been about
diesel and/or an attack on the self-smugness of prius drivers (myself
included ;) )

I know we've often talked about esoteric items (hey, we're all "smart
people" on this list...) so as a discussion for "this" group maybe it
isn't all that bad.  Of course, most of those other "discussions" died
out fairly quickly -- this one is starting to overtake my spam box for
volume ;)

So, in the interest of fair play and atypical to our usual anarchistic
style, I'm calling for "a vote" on whether this thread should continue
"on the main list".  We -do- have a few "dormant" lists, and I'm sure
that with a little coersion, Mike can set up an "off-topic/anything
goes" discussion list, so if the basic feeling is "it's important, but
don't clutter -my- inbox with it", we should move the discussion
elsewhere.

Tom

P.s. hmmm... I see that Claude has/will vote "nay" for keeping this
discussion...