[SGVLUG] [OT] Especially for Tom & his Prius.... [my rebuttal, then I'll shut up]

Steve Bibayoff bibayoff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 15:30:47 PDT 2006

Hello,

On 7/19/06, Dustin Laurence <dustin at laurences.net> wrote:

>  [...]Otherwise we can't
> just run the engine at it's optimal load and RPM.

[Attempting to take this thread way off the deep in ;-)]

Sure we could. We just need to build steep hills around every one's
home and work (and wherever they need to drive from) with gradual
descents/incline to their destination. So this way, you just run your
automobile at full throttle(which if the steep part is steep enough,
the auto should barely be able to make it up), then just shut off the
engine and coast the rest of the way to your destination.

We now have the auto running at two of it's optimal loads. 1) OFF and
2) Running at full load, but low speed.

;-)

Steve