[SGVLUG] [OT] Especially for Tom & his Prius.... [my rebuttal, then I'll shut up]

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Sat Jul 15 16:41:52 PDT 2006

On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 04:05:18PM -0700, Dennis Birney wrote:

> Another example of LIFT!
>
> The Arizona Highway Patrol were mystified when they came upon a pile of
> smoldering wreckage embedded in the side of a cliff rising above the road at
> the apex of a curve.

[[JATO story elided]]

Unfortunately this great story never seems to have actually happened:

http://www.snopes.com/autos/dream/jato.asp

I'm interested to find out from that page that apparently Dodge actually
tried this, and a JATO unit only got the car up to 140 mph.  Apparently
it would take at least two units to produce anything like the effects in
the story.

Dustin