[SGVLUG] Shuttle and Space station visible next few nights

Jean Chen narsil at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 13:37:20 PDT 2006

On 7/6/06, Claude Felizardo <cafelizardo at gmail.com> wrote:

> doh!
> it went by already.  silly me.    you're 2 hours ahead so you would
> have caught it on an earlier pass.   what threw me was that the time
> was after our viewing and it was moving in an easterly direction but
> forgot about the timezone diff.

No worries!  I'd gotten information from the local news and
double-checked on the NASA Web site.  The news hadn't mentioned where
in the sky to look.  I managed to catch it.  Granted I forgot I had
key access to a building where I could get a better view of the
horizon... so I didn't have the key with me.  Thank you for looking it
up for me, that was really considerate!!

I had to pick it out from a bunch of airplanes coming and going from
Midway Airport.  The Monrovia group is right... it doesn't look like
an airplane if you consider the way it moves.

Very exciting!

Jean

--
"Optimism can make you look stupid, but cynicism always makes you look
cynical." -Calum Fisher