[SGVLUG] Real Dumb Terminal Woes

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Jan 25 18:45:04 PST 2006

I just wrote:

======================
(warning: really long link and I'm too lazy to use tinyurl)
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HP-Compaq-Thin-Client-t5515-LINUX-Network-Terminal_W0QQitemZ5856849370QQcategoryZ11218QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is an e-bay auction for (get this) a "BRAND NEW HP Compaq Thin Client t5515 Series Terminal" [running a transmeta "crusoe" chip, no less!]  Current bid is about $50; "buy it now" is $150; bidding ends in about 22 hours, but there appear to be several instances of this or a similar terminal "up for bid"

What I failed to include in my copy/paste was the fact that this is a LINUX terminal -- check out HP's product page: (and note also that "new" these run a little over $300)

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06a/12454-321959-89307-338927-89307-420579.html

(click the "specifications" tab)

I might have to get me one of these...