[SGVLUG] How to pick a distro

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 16:11:30 PST 2006

On 1/12/06, Jana Lingo <jana.lingo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I got this off another list and thought I'd pass it on/
>
> Subject: [CPLUG] has anyone seen this one
> To: Central PA Linux User's Group
>
> All
> Has anyone seen this one - it is supposed to help one pick the right
> Linux distribution for oneself - any experience with it?
> Regards
> Fred James
>
> <http://www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/>

Meant to reply to this yesterday and no one brought it up last night
but I thought this was pretty cool.   I tired it with my specific
preferences and one of the recommendations was Mandriva which I've
been using for years.   Once I relaxed some of my criteria, it gave
others.   It also sometimes lists other distros with a note saying why
it failed such as no live CD avail, no prebuilt application library,
etc.

I've forwarded the link to a couple of people who have been curious
about Linux and weren't sure what to try.