[SGVLUG] Anyone know of a font snooper?

Jean Chen narsil at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 06:20:19 PST 2006

On 1/12/06, Dustin <laurence at alice.caltech.edu> wrote:
> In short, I want some sort of interactive font snooper.  Anybody ever
> heard of such a thing?

I haven't, but...

> (it pains me inexpressibly to find that I still
> prefer the Microsoft Verdana font for ordinary text on the desktop over
> anything freer), but as usual not everything works.

Don't worry!  Microsoft fonts are very well-done typographically.
They are one of the extremely few well-designed visual aspects of
anything Microsoft. I have no clue why.  MS is awful to look at in
every other case.  I would not want to be a graphic designer there.

Jean

--
"What others think of us would be of little moment did it not, when
known, so deeply tinge what we think of ourselves."