[SGVLUG] SCALE5x Booth - Volunteers and Ideas: LinuxDoc and Dumb Terminals

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 12:56:24 PST 2006

On 12/26/06, Jeff Carlson <jeff at ultimateevil.org> wrote:
> Michael Proctor-Smith wrote:
> > It is strange but I have always kind of wanted to do the whole
> > multi-local user thing, but lacking multiply people and having lots of
> > hardware I have never done it. So if we think that would be a cool
> > thing to show off I have the hardware, and willingness to play around
> > with it.
>
> How about multiple dumb terminals, each controlling its own Xen virtual
> machine?  Just brain storming.
>
> > Other then that the only other thing I can think up is like linux
> > gaming, just because it has a cool factor and it gives the people in
> > the booth something todo.
>
> I've always wanted to see some more gaming at SCALE.  Of course, I
> wanted to get USC and UCLA to go head to head in Quake or something like
> that.  Were you thinking about using Cedega or Wine, or some native games?

Well what do you think the response would be like for a BOF/lan party?
Pick a game with a native linux port and have a lan party, I don't
know thought I am not volenteering to lead/organize a BOF and run
SGVLUGs booth.

I was thinking both native and Cedega/Wine route it would be cool to
show off a newer game running under linux.
I was thinking