[SGVLUG] Calling the brightest of cal tech and other nerds!

Alex Roston tungtung at pacbell.net
Sat Dec 23 23:26:23 PST 2006

I see two issues.

First, you can probably test Tom's supposition as follows:

1.) Remove the power wire that goes from the case to the motherboard.
This will be a twisted pair that goes from the on/off switch to the
jumper block on the motherboard where you attach the wire that leads to
the HD LED, the power LED, etc.,

2.) Shock the case again. I'm guessing the static is arching across the
contacts of the power switch on the case.

Second, there is another issue. The power switch on the case will only
turn the power supply off if no operating system is loaded. Once you
load an operating system, it should take over that circuit such that you
have to hold the button down for four seconds.

Alex