[SGVLUG] SGVLUG SCALE5x Booth - Call for Volunteers and Ideas. We need 16 People

Jeff Carlson jeff at ultimateevil.org
Sat Dec 23 20:40:43 PST 2006

Greg Stark wrote:
> Michael, how many passes to the show are available for booth service?

Four.

> As a note, if we get more than 16 people, then we will all need to spend
> less time at the booth.  Isn't that what being a group is all about!  All
> together now!!

Look, I appreciate your enthusiasm.  I won't discourage people from
volunteering to man their LUG booths, but I can't give away 16 passes to
each group.  If I give out all four passes to SGVLUG members, and you
still want to volunteer, great.  You might have to buy your own ticket,
but you are welcome to help out at the booth.  And there are other ways
to get free passes if it's a financial burden (though we don't really
think $30 is that bad, considering what other shows charge).  We always
need people to work the registration booth and a few other things like
that.  I think that's a one hour commitment, but it's not my department.

As far as I'm concerned, Michael is in charge or who is on the list of
volunteers and what your demo will be.  So basically I go with whatever
he turns over to me.

Thanks for understanding, I hope I don't make this sound problematic
because it really is quite simple.