[SGVLUG] Calling the brightest of cal tech and other nerds!

Munjal Thakkar m00njal at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 11:04:59 PST 2006

matt gallizzi and I, both frequent attendees of the cal tech lug have the
strangest problem ever, static electricity keeps shutting down a computer we
recently built, because its an all metal case. We have verified every part
100% from switching ram to cpu to mobo, to PSU, EVERYTHING, however we both
still have this strange problem, isnt the point of touching the metal part
of a case supposed to ground you from static discharge in the first place?
obviously that rule isnt applying here, any feedback is greatly appreciated
!