[SGVLUG] backup exec remote agent on FC 5?

Mike Rubel mrubel at galcit.caltech.edu
Wed Dec 20 08:07:03 PST 2006

Hi James,

It's probably easier to let yum take care of the dependencies for you:

yum install compat-gcc-c++

Then do the rpm install of VRTSralus.

Yum is basically a wrapper around rpm that downloads the reqested rpms,
figures out what else needs to be installed via a dependency tree, and
downloads and installs all of it.  It is the standard way to install
software on FC5.

Cheers,
-mike