[SGVLUG] I'm being attacked by an email flood from kernel.org

K. Zachary Abbott kzabbott at mypcbiz.com
Mon Apr 17 11:32:57 PDT 2006

The easiest explanation:

Quite probably there is a computer somewhere (likely a Windows box, but
not necessarily) that is infected by a computer virus.
That infected computer has your email address somewhere on the computer,
and the virus is in fact spoofing your address as the "from" address in
mail it is sending out.
The virus is for whatever reason targeting kernel.org, and all the
bounces are coming back to you.

Best of luck on this one....

--
K. Zachary Abbott, MCSE