[SGVLUG] Caseless Usb-to-ide adaptors.

Thomas Moore thomasmoore at speakeasy.net
Fri Apr 7 19:23:46 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I bought a IDE to USB adaptor from Fry's last
year and put it and two Seagate 160GB drives
in a box I had left over from my Amiga 1000
days. SCSI had to be emulated through USB
but it turns out that the SCSI emulator in the
stock kernel (Slackware V9.1, kernel 2.4.29)
only looked at one LUN so only one drive was
seen. When I recompiled the kernel to 2.4.31
and added, look at all LUNs, it worked just
fine giving me /dev/sda and /dev/sdb.

Don't know if this is relevent to your problem.

Tom