[SGVLUG] How to split a "big backup" [that uses tar]

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Sep 29 11:38:28 PDT 2005

It is an older redhat system as I recall.  I had him do a "df" thinking perhaps he was running out of room, but I'm told the output was something like this:

   /dev/md1   80GB (configured) 37GB (used)   /
   /dev/md0   90MB (configured) 15MB (used)   /boot
   /dev/shmfs  <whatever>                     none

in short, "everything in one partition" (and shmfs == swap, right?)

> Or is it that he can not access the files from a windows
> machine?

That is his other revelation: he can use veritas on the windows system SINCE these are already a "windows share" so far as the network is concerned.