[SGVLUG] Camera recommendations?

Ted Arden ted at tux.org
Wed Sep 28 08:54:38 PDT 2005

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Dustin wrote:

> So much good advice on this thread that I'm going to respond en mass:
>
> All the love for the Powershot series is interesting, since it was a
> Powershot A70 that I seem to have left for the bears and coyotes to use. I
> didn't realize they were so popular, but I must have done way better than
> I thought when I bought it.

humm.. the sd400 which i picked up had way
less latency than my original s110... reading
about the AA battery thread, i have to disagree.
the custom batteries and the SD card make for
a smaller chassis (easier to pocket on the go).
i usually turn the screen off which gives me
4x battery life.  i just use the view finder
(manual point and shoot) and take 3 pix at a
time and select the best one on the laptop.
easier to preview/delete en mass.

all just personal prefs though.  form factor
and 5mp were good selling points for me
as well as sub $290..

=ted=