[SGVLUG] Camera recommendations?

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Mon Sep 26 19:01:09 PDT 2005

OK, this is from the "I'm an idiot" file: we went hiking up to Sunset Peak
and seem to have left the camera up there, as best we can tell.  It was a
couple of years old so my info is two generations or so out of
date--anyone have a recommendation for a good, relatively cheap portable
camera?

The thing I found most annoying about the old one was the shutter delay
(the kid always moves before you get the picture), but I gather that
doesn't go away until you spend the big bucks for digital SLR.  Since that
would pretty much decimate the laptop fund, I'm not doing that, but
inexpensive ones with less than usual delay would be nice.

Dustin