[SGVLUG] Swap labels

Mike Dillon mdillon at embody.org
Mon Sep 19 11:58:56 PDT 2005

begin Dustin quotation:
> On Sun, 18 Sep 2005, Mike Fedyk wrote:
>
> > My FC4 laptop has a -L switch in the man page.
>
> Huh.  I dunno what the discrepancy was, then.  Curious.

Since I was the person in question, I'll explain what I think happened.

My machine is running "Fedora Core 4", but I had upgraded from FC3 (not
a fresh install). My machine had util-linux-2.12pre-3, but the latest
from updates-released was util-linux-2.12p-9.11. Unfortunately, either
yum OR RPM did not think that "2.12p-9.11" was newer than "2.12pre-3",
so it was not getting updated to the mkswap version with the -L option
when I updated other packages.

-md