[SGVLUG] Swap labels

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Sun Sep 18 19:11:02 PDT 2005

Dustin wrote:

>Here I am again, replying to my own mail.  How crude....
>
>Anyway, someone brought it to my attention that the Fedore Core 4 mkswap
>doesn't have the -L option.  I did that on Debian Sarge.  I don't know why
>the discrepancy, but it might be interesting to hear from anyone else who
>checked or wants to check on whether this is standard functionality or
>just something that got hacked into Debian somehow.

My FC4 laptop has a -L switch in the man page.

Let's try the command...  Yep.

Let's try changing /etc/fstab and swapon -a... Yep.

The only difference is that /proc/swaps reports the device as /dev/dm-1
instead of the full path to my LV in my LVM.

mkswap, which is part of util-linux is version 2.12p-9.11

Mike