[SGVLUG] Linux Sonoma (Centrino) Support

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 12:20:58 PDT 2005

On 9/16/05, Dustin <laurence at alice.caltech.edu> wrote:
> The pressure for me to break down and get a laptop is still increasing, so
> I've been doing a bit of research.  As usual half the info is out of date,
> but it looks like Linux support for Centrino has been pretty much there
> for a while.  But...has anyone installed Linux on the latest Centrino
> chipset generation (Sonoma)?  If so, what isn't working?
>
> Dustin

I have Mandrake Limited Edition 2005 (aka 10.2) installed on a Toshiba
Satellite M35X-S311 which has a Centrino chipset but i don't know
which version.  Everything works fine except I'm still using my
Netgear MA401 for 802.11B since I haven't had time to look at getting
the built-in G working under Linux yet.   I have used the built-in G
under winXP when I've played with NetStumbler.

Oh, I'm running 2.6.11-6mdksmp.

claude