[SGVLUG] Re: Last night's meeting

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Mon Sep 12 09:16:48 PDT 2005

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Hershel Remer wrote:

> Matt posted a nice follow-up on his blog:
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/mingenthron

Hmm, obviously he escaped from our clever trap.  Being manacled at the end
of a chain dangling over a shark-infested pool while acid slowly eats
through the chain didn't work with James Bond, but I figured Matt wouldn't
have as many cool gadgets.

Just goes to show you how tricky those Sun engineers really are.

Dustin

PS: In some sense Hershel and I have been trading inside comments over
threads that happened elsewhere, sorry.  I have nothing against Matt at
all, but he and I have traded pointed comments about my views on Sun's
current management and their professional skills of speaking out of six or
seven sides of their mouth simultaneously, some of them more anti-Linux
than Microsoft.  I've been known to call them the "Vichy Sun" regime. :-)
Matt happens not to share my views (gasp!). :-)