[SGVLUG] archives??? since when?

Hershel Remer unixrabbi at rabbs.com
Thu Sep 8 16:38:46 PDT 2005

BS"D

Our friend Tom writes:

> wherein the text of the "welcome to the list" message is finalized --
> interesting how you chose to snip that fact from the discussion. (and even
> more interesting since you didn't use the common courtesy of an indicator such
> as ..., [...], <snip>, <skipped>, or any similar device to indicate that the
> original poster had indeed provided additional information -- fortunately,
> that sort of stuff is in the archive)

Heh! ... uh, yeah, that's why I felt it unnecessary to re-quote them in email
form :-)

> That reminds me -- I do have a backlog of some 6000+ posts to the SGVLUG list
> from when I joined, I was considering posting them to the archive (which
> really and truly would be "retroactively")

I sincerely hope you do not consider ever doing that. That IMO is a gross act
of violating netiquette. It has been done before, too. Just look at how SAGE
ticked off by many of us by first attracting members by offering them a
non-archived email list, and then many years later, without permission or
warning, took all of our emails and retroactively made them web-archived.

I do know that at least one long time member on this list mentioned to me five
years ago that the reason that they were so comfy with sgvlug's list is that
it isn't webified. So, I do not speak alone on this list today.

Csivah v'Chasimah Tovah !!

-- the unixrabbi

Have you got a question about sex? Wondering about unix? or just curious why
the Jews were chosen and the rest of you Gentiles were not? Well, why not get
your answers from the Rabbi Rabbs himself at:
http://www.thedingdongshow.com/messageboard/viewforum.php?f=7 .