[SGVLUG] I flipped the switch.

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Sep 8 16:15:40 PDT 2005

Mike: Did you ever resolve the e-mail issue?  It seems that it isn't sending registration messages (or at least, they aren't getting out...) so nobody can "register" properly

Everyone else: registration really isn't needed --yet--  We're pretty much keeping the content as open as possible, but a couple of items will need registration (and then only by a few people -- read on...)  In particular, posting of events on the calendar will need registration, as well as posting other-user-group-specific topics (for which, of course, we really only need one "representative" to do this, hence why only a few people will actually need to register)

OTOH, if events prove otherwise, we may have to go to a more formal registration for other features anyway -- at least one person has suggested a "gallery of members" so you can put a face to the names you see in e-mail -- and we may implement a "comment on this article..." feature, which we would certainly want to limit to "registered" users [to help avoid spam & inappropriate posts]