[SGVLUG] archives??? since when?

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Thu Sep 8 12:38:32 PDT 2005

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Emerson, Tom wrote:

> > Csivah v'Chasimah Tovah !!

Being a noted Hebrew expert, I can translate:

    Tovah == Ancient Hebrew, dimunitive and affectionate term for a
             teacher, much like "Rabbs".

    v'Chasimah == "Is Chasing my" (actually "'s chasin' ma", Yiddish slang
                                   best spoken in a Southern drawl)

    Csivah == More properly CSIvah, modern Hebrew for the TV show "Crime
              Scene Investigation," very popular in Israel.

So putting it together, and changing the word order to modern English,
we have

    "Rabbs is chasing [my] CSI."

which is a clear indication that Rabbs is trying to extend his stage
comedy career into TV drama.  I'm guessing that he's shopping around a
script that features a wisecracking, advice-dispensing, technically savvy,
crime-solving Rabbi.  Kind of like Chesterton's "Father Brown" detective
with a computer and yarmulke.  You heard it here first.

I hope that clears things up. :-)

Dustin, *always* glad to be of help