[SGVLUG] cool tool

John Riehl jcriehl at mail.jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 7 10:08:23 PDT 2005

I came across a cool tool, Darik's Boot and Nuke. It erases disks (I
have to wipe some disks before they go elsewhere). You can have it
either do a quick erase, or other grades of thoroughness up to DOD spec.

It can be used as either a bootable floppy or cdrom.  You boot it, you
start the erase, and go away, taking the media with you.

If you are looking at writing an embedded or small standalone
application, this is a pretty good example.  it uses the linux kernel,
uclibc, busybox, and syslinux.

btw, wont be able to make the meeting thursday....sigh....

jr
john riehl