[SGVLUG] International keyboard issue (really short this time)

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Tue Sep 6 16:49:49 PDT 2005

In my previous post, I mentioned that I have a GREEK keyboard (complete with all those funny symbols over the keys)  Since I re-installed, SuSE dutifully recognized the keyboard [so the "media" keys for volume now work "from the keyboard" -- whoohooo!] but also set my system up as somewhat more "international" than I'm used to.

In particular, when I type a quote character, either single or double, it doesn't alway show up until the NEXT character, and if that character is one in which an umlaout or accent mark is appropriate, it generates that character instead of a "quoted string"  (basically I have to remember to hit the quote character twice)

Where should I look to disable this specific behaviour?