[SGVLUG] Mambo is dead--long live Joomla!

Tom Emerson osnut at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 5 04:15:06 PDT 2005

On Monday 05 September 2005 00:19, Dustin wrote:
> Or something like that:
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5846006.html

Just reading through some of the ¨intended features¨, I see that ¨better
support of who may access a page on the back end¨ is listed (or something
like that)  That will help avoid the ¨too many chefs¨ syndrome in that we
could arrange for people to maintain their corner of the website and not
worry about changes being stepped upon (for instance, we could allow
representatives from other user groups maintain /just their page/ within the
site and not worry about other areas being ¨open¨.)

I´m mildly curious as to how difficult the switch will be from mambo to
joomla, but I suspect it will be rather painless as that will be the first
thing the devs will focus on...

--
Top o' the Blog: Too hot to handle
http://osnut.homelinux.net/mtblog/ya_index.html