[SGVLUG] Mondo backups on "mondo" tape drives

Jeff Carlson jeff at ultimateevil.org
Wed Oct 19 06:43:47 PDT 2005

Dustin wrote:
> Well, at the bottom of my Mondo Rescue notes, I put a great number of
> links to backup programs/systems/scripts:

Well, this is kinda embarrassing.  I hadn't realized I jumped into the
middle of an ongoing topic.  I just saw the one post, no Re: in the
topic, and thought it was something new.

Oh well, maybe we're all learning something.  It has definitely given me
some things to think about.

> Welcome, Jeff.  I wondered where you'd gone to.

Apparently somebody -- not Michael but his boss or something like that
-- doesn't understand the importance of having properly configured DNS
records for a mail server.  Specifically the PTR records, which if
missing will cause my mail server to hang up on the caller.

So how do I campaign to get that fixed?