[SGVLUG] Writing CD's -- what media do you recommend?

Tom Emerson osnut at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 12 18:59:36 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 12 October 2005 3:54 pm, Brian Belgarde wrote:
> Tom,
>
> I have a Sony DRU800A and I haven't had any problems with Memorex DVD-Rs or
> CD-Rs from Fry's.

Mine must be "slightly older" -- it's the DRU 700 (per cdrecord/k3b)  I'm
fairly sure this worked before, it's just annoying when it just plain says
"no disk" [and "force" doesn't work] the day before the meeting where I've
committed to making 2 or 3 copies of the software...

> doesn't. I live in La Crescenta, if you want to borrow mine to test, send
> me a note.

I may do that -- I'm in La Crescenta as well, but still at work [boy, am *I*
going to have a fun/funny story to tell at the meeting tomorrow...]  I'll
check in again when I get home...