[SGVLUG] web page funkiness

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Oct 6 18:46:55 PDT 2005

[...]
> You could also try a parent-child declaration like:
>
> table.blog div {
> margin: 1em 0;
> width: 100%
> border-bottom: 1px solid #f00;
> }

Yes, that is what I was thinking of...

> It can be tricky to drill down through the cascade to the
> element definition you need. I haven't combed through the
> source very thoroughly yet, so let me know if my suggestions
> didn't do anything. I'll try to take a closer look tonight.

I ended up with:

table.blog div {
    margin: 2em 0 0 0 ;
    width: 100%
    border: 2px solid #ff0;
}

which is close, but I see some other areas get some "blank space" I wasn't expecting...

aha:

[...]

but THIS div ALSO got extra spacing, which I wasn't expecting [especially as it is a div in a "contentpaneopen" table, not a "blog" table]

[...]

--some-- extra spacing now appears, however the "border" attribute isn't showing up at all