[SGVLUG] getting & using BitTorrent

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Oct 6 15:00:37 PDT 2005

[...]
> is some vague indication of an "application/x-bittorrent"
> mime type that gets "installed", but as many helpless others
> have claimed, "it didn't [appear] to work"
> >
> > what /actual/ helper program do I need to point this too?
>
> I have never set up it to work with my browser, as there is a curses
> based interface. I tend to ssh into my box at home fire up a screen
> session and the btdownloadcurses.py --url 'URLTO.torrentFILE' That way
> I can leave it and check on it from anywhere.

Hmm... it seems the .rpm wasn't entirely correct -- here is what I get:

beast:~ # btdownloadcurses.py --url 'http://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/10.0/iso/SUSE-10.0-LiveDVD.iso.torrent'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/btdownloadcurses.py", line 25, in ?
    from BitTorrent.download import Feedback, Multitorrent
ImportError: No module named BitTorrent.download
beast:~ #

So, what next?
[updating the locate database to see if/where BitTorrent.download got installed...]