[SGVLUG] Ubuntu Badger Badger Badger Tour

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Oct 5 12:06:57 PDT 2005

There might have been some interest -- I remember asking at a meeting for someone to take this ball and run with it...

[forwarded details]

>   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BadgerBadgerBadgerTour
>
> I will be travelling for a month and a half, criss-crossing
> the northern
> hemisphere, to bring the world of Ubuntu to your doorstep.
[...]
> Where will I be?

[...]
>  * (US tour surprise - see below!)
[...]

Unfortunately, this "teaser" didn't give the date [and nobody thought to look it up from the link above] so we don't even know what "month" we have to shoot for for our meeting to coincide with this tour.  We /had/ an openeing for the November meeting, but nobody seemed to know for certain if this is when the tour was scheduled, so we've asked Chris to give his presentation at that time...

  >>jumping to the 'net for a moment<<

OK, it seems that the scheduled "mystery tour" dates are the 7th through the 16th of November.  This would have been a good call as our meeting is the 10th... Hmmm... it seems the Raleigh/Durham group has already petitioned for that date [and at RedHat's headquarters to boot!]

[...]
>  * Submissions close September 30th.

well, that would be the killer, now wouldn't it?