[SGVLUG] What industry needs Open Source evangelism?

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Fri Nov 25 14:14:45 PST 2005

The Mortgage industry!

I have been doing some IT work for a few mortgage companies for the last
few months and installed firefox on a few desktops.  In doing so, I have
come to find that approx 15% of the mortgage industry web sites work
with firefox!  These are the web sites the Loan Officers interact with,
not the public sites which might be a bit better (haven't checked).

Anyone know any contacts for OSS sales groups like RH or something?  It
is frustrating getting orders like "don't put in that Firefox ----, it
is ----".

It is the Mortgage companies that need to be targeted and the rest will
follow.  Grr, and another: "This can't be their fault they are a billion
dollar company!"

Mike