[SGVLUG] RPM hell -- why not just change to debian?

Robert mrflash818 at geophile.net
Tue Nov 22 16:51:55 PST 2005

Greets,

Well, I believe debian is a bit unique in that you can keep your current
version up-to-date:

(as sudo or root)

#aptitude update
(...stuff happens...)

#aptitude upgrade
(...stuff happens...)

or upgrade to a newer version using dist-upgrade.

For me, I am in the habit of updating my Debian "stable" version on a
weekly basis.

Me

--
"Knowledge is Power" -- Francis Bacon