[SGVLUG] Anyone want to embrace and extend AOL?

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Mon Nov 21 14:08:36 PST 2005

Emerson, Tom wrote:
> [...]
Sure that is with the "most rare" policy in bittorrent.  With torrent
streaming (whoo I just coined a new term!) you would have a sliding
window of chunks in front of the cursor (your position in the media
stream).  This way, you only request the data for X number of seconds
before the current location of the cursor.

This idea assumes a streaming provider with a big pipe with and the
streaming torrent to reduce the bill.  Reliably streaming without a big
pipe is a secondary consideration.  It is a first step that can improved
upon.