[SGVLUG] Monitor setting

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Tue Nov 1 22:14:38 PST 2005

I dimly remembered that X somehow comes badly tuned (this is the dark side
of unix--since we don't know the right value for your monitor, we'll
choose 1.0 because it's simple, even though it's absolutely guaranteed to
be wrong and assume you'll fix it!), and hunted down the info to fix it.
This is the best explanation I've found:

http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=05/02/07/2244242

those of you viewing your digital photos on X-windows (or other OSes, for
that matter) may find it very useful.  I certainly did.

Dustin, gamma=1.2 baby