[SGVLUG] The Box O' Linux

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Mon Jun 27 23:52:45 PDT 2005

OK, in case it helps anyone decide what to bring, here is the current
inventory:

Lots of blank CDs and slipcovers

1 Xandros Open Circulation Edition 201 (release uncertain)
1 Mandrake 10.0 Powerpack Ed. (released 2004/03/04?--not sure what "Power
                             Pack" means)
1 Fedora Core 2 set, w/ rescue disk (released 2004/05/08)
1 Fedora Core 3 set, w/ rescue disk(released 2004/11/08)
1 additional Fedora Core 3 rescue disk
1 Debian 3.0 (Woody) network install CD (released 2002/07/19)
8 Ubuntu sets (install and live CDs) in their original cardboard holder
              (no version information, but I assume this is 4.10 (Warty),
               released 2004/10/20)
4 Ubuntu install and live CDs in plastic slipcovers (the live CDs say
              "RC2" so I assume these are prerelease Wartys)
2 plain-boxed "Geek Edition" Yellow Dog (PowerPC) Linux 4.0.1 (DistroWatch
               doesn't list that version, but it was from the talk two
               months ago and so should be up-to-date)

As you can see, most of it is not the latest release.  I don't think you
can assume these were not of interest in every case just because they are
left over, though--we started with a stack of Ubuntu, for example, so it
may have actually moved well.  Not sure.

I propose to have a "fire sale" on some of the older CDs, which I guess
means we're not even asking for a blank in return (such a deal!). Since
people have been generous with blanks, we can afford it.

I welcome people's suggestions as to which should be in the Fire Sale box.

Also, requests as to what should be there next meeting.

Dustin