[SGVLUG] strange dual head problem

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 23:13:02 PDT 2005

I got it working.   For some reason, if KDE is configured to use
'display power management', the 2nd monitor stays in stand by mode.
As soon as i disable the setting, the monitor comes up.  If it's set,
then the next time kde starts the 2nd monitor will stay dark.  Root
had this setting disabled but a regular user had it turned on.  This
was even after I wiped out the .kde directory and restarted.

sorry don't have the version kde handy.  it's the one that comes with
mandrake 10.2.   I think I tried ICWM but it had the same problem.
Gnome wasn't loaded for some reason.

claude