[SGVLUG] error: "ioctl set timeout failed:: Bad file descriptor"

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 18:29:00 PDT 2005

Hi!

I never did figure it out well enough to feel
statisfied.

>From what I could tell there was some filesystem
corruption - which fsck may not have resolved...

as I had to repair a samba password file by copying
and removing/adding users to get it to work!
(and BOY what a pain it was... since at first it
looked like the win95/98 clients couldn't connect,
but the winXP clients could... and then a bit later
the winXP clients lost the connection.. blah!! )

unfortunately sometimes we don't have time to
do a full investigation ..  I would still love
to have a better idea of the problem

best
matti