[SGVLUG] Possible Presentation Topic

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Fri Jul 22 15:47:38 PDT 2005

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, A. J. Stasney wrote:

> ...It seems inexplicable, but no documentation
> I have ever managed to find (and searching has included hours on the web
> and
> in the CIT bookstore) has so obvious a thing as a capture of relevant
> parts of
> a sequence of command line screens for operations like the one described.

I forgot to add--I assume you already know about the classic sequence for
autoconfiscated packages:

untar xzf <package>
cd <packagedir>
./configure
./make
./make install

which actually works for a fairly decent number of well-behaved packages,
if they are compatible with the libraries on your system.

Dustin