[SGVLUG] PHPWebSite

Tom Emerson osnut at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 12 22:37:57 PDT 2005

Yes -- in fact, I've updated the "admin" group to have (nearly) everything
checked (which is essentially what you've already done for each of us
individually)  Now when you go into user management and view a /particular/
user, you will see the word "yes" under a new column labelled "inherits" for
everything that is check-marked (that is, if the user is a member of the
admin group)  Note that permissions are accumulative -- once you have a
particular permission set due to membership in a group, it's yours
regardless of the settings of any other group.  You'll notice this in that
if you try to uncheck a specific (but inherited) permission, the permission
remains "checked" the next time you view the user.  If you remove the user
from the group, however, that permission should go away.

> This is much better than I thought it was.  Someone should
> check and see if Mambo does it as well.

Since Mambo doesn't have administrator-defined groups, no.  Basically, Mambo
has pre-defined groups with pre-defined capabilities (however those
capabilities are probably what you would end up creating anyway...)  These
groups are hierarchical in nature, and the deeper you go into a hierarchy,
the more things you can do