sgvlug.org (was Re: [SGVLUG] The SGVLUG website -- Mambo-style)

David Lawyer dave at lafn.org
Sun Jul 3 20:07:24 PDT 2005

I just Googled on sgvlug.org and got over 300 hits.  About a month ago
I got email asking whatever happened to sgvlug.org and if we still
existed.  So there are hundreds of broken links out there due to the
loss (temporary I hope) of the sgvlug.org domain.  As time goes by
there will be less as webmasters remove the broken link.

There are likely some people out there who would-be/are interested in
sgvlug but are not on the mailing list.  Now those people can't find
us anymore.  Sorry that I just don't have much time to help fix the
problem.

The Web is the main source of promotion (formerly we had some luck
with listing in computer magazines and newspapers).  An organization
without promotion dies.  Well, I guess that we now have some promotion
at Caltech, but it needs to be much broader.

So if it's going to be sgvlug.net, then it should be announced to the
world ASAP and entered into the various lists of LUGs.  I'll try to
help do that as I've got an old list of places where I previously
listed us.  It's wrong if people can't find us.  Just a site with text
only is OK.  At least it shows that we are alive.

			David Lawyer